CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 11, 2008

A Heavenly Mothers Day!


I sit here tonight on Mothers Day,I feel both blessed and saddened.
May 1st, was the three year anniversary of my best friends mothers death. The memories of that day are still so fresh in my mind... the 5:45am phone call with the news that would change the lives of so many people. As I layed there that morning I thought this must be a horrible nightmare?
The next hours proved to be a nightmare, but one that became all too real! As I stood later that day and watched Lori take her final breath, my heart was so full of sadness, but yet joy! Sadness because this should have never happened to someone who brought so many people so much happiness. Someone who was so loved, but just did not realize just how much! Joy, because Lori would never feel a sense of hopelessness again, never feel the need for someone to fullfill her...she was now being held in the arms of the only one that can truly fulfill her!
The next days proved to be some of the most difficult of my life. How would I comfort someone whose life as she knew it had just been changed forever. What do you do without your mother? How do you go on? This was an awakening moment for me! I found myself wanting my own mother to hold Amber like she would hold me, and tell her it was going to be ok. There is something about a mothers arms that allow you to somehow find peace..somehow!
My life will be forever changed by Lori... most importantly by the most perfect thing she ever did - Amber, one of my greatest joys in life!
I will never forget all the times the three of us spent together... talking about boys, girl stuff or just laughing together. I remeber at my wedding she took me aside and told me how proud she was of me, and shared some precious memories of Amber and I she would never forget. She was always a first to come to the hospital to see my babies, those are memories I will cherish always!
Oh, Lori... why did you have to go so soon? Three years removed, you are missed, and loved so much. The empty place in my heart will never be filled my any other, and I can not wait to see you again in heaven, Happy Mothers Day!

2 comments:

amber able said...

Amy,
That was just beautiful! I love that you loved my momma bear and that she loved you! Every time you need a McDonalds diet coke it reminds me of her. Words can not do justice to how much you mean to me. I love you dearly!
Amber

Tracy said...

Amy,
It is so hard to lose someone you care so deeply for. Isn't is wonderful knowing that Lori now rests in the arms of Jesus? Thank you for sharing such intimate thoughts...Lori is now experiencing the sweetest of days with our Saviour.
Love you,
Tracy