CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 14, 2008

All things beautiful!


Earlier today we went to church as we usually do on Sunday, but today was different. Kyle preached from the current series entitled 30 Days to Live. His words sincere... his heart so pure... He relayed so beautifully that as Christians we should make it our goal to be about Jesus first and foremost. Before all else, we should make Him our first priority. I was humbled. Each day before my feet hit the floor it seems like my day is already so full of distractions! I have a list of a thousand things to do and more often than not I forget to begin it with the one who has chosen to give me one more day - Jesus! I suppose I could talk myself into self pity, and make excuse after excuse as to why I forget,but the harsh reality of it would have to be because it is not something I have chosen to make important.
I am humbled.
If I had only 30 days to live who would I choose to spend my time with? What would I do? Who would I want to make sure that I saw?
Anyone who knows me knows that I am all about my family! Each and every member! My kids are my life,they have each stolen my heart in a way that I can not put into words. They are the most perfect things that I have ever been privileged to take part of. However, at my funeral do I want the minister to say she loved her kids more than ANYTHING? Yes and no! Yes, I want my children to never waiver of my love for them, but I also want them to know that I loved the Lord with all my heart, and with all my sole! That is the most important thing I want to leave my kids.
Am I perfect? NO! Do I always make the right decisions? NO,NO,NO!
The very sin nature that each of us were born into, has at one time or another taken over my life. It has led me down paths that I will regret for the rest of my life. The beauty in our mistakes is...that Jesus can make each and everyone of us brand new, however often we may need Him to! What is broken can be made whole through Christ Jesus! What blessings we can only find in Him!
As I draw this post to a close, I want you each to know the desire of my heart.
I will pray each day to make it my priority to love the Lord with my whole heart.I want you to be able to see this in everything I do! I can promise you now I will not do this perfectly.Please pray along with me that God will give me His grace as I go through my day.
As I sit and write this, I can assure you that Satan is scheming to figure out how he can destroy my desire, crumble my very intention before I ever remove myself from this chair. So to you satan... get thee behind me! I am reminded of a song by Meredith Andrews that simply says... Draw me nearer Lord, never let me go, closer to your heart, draw me nearer Lord! Keep me here, keep me here, there is no where else I would rather be. This is my hearts desire. I love you all and covet your prayers! Blessings.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

This was beautiful Amy. My prayers are with you always. Thanks be to God for His love and mercy. I love you sweet friend!

Heather said...

Amy,
Thank you for sharing your heart! Wow. I am so convicted and encouraged all at the same time! This is an amazing challenge and I am so appreciative to have heard how the Lord spoke to your heart...for in doing so, He's spoken to mine!
have a great week!
Heather